Today we continued the Mormonism series by watching Way of the Master – Mormonism Episode:
Here is the note-taking form:
Way of the Master – Mormonism
The Mormon Holy Books and Sources of Authority
- The Book of M________ (“the most correct of any book on earth” according to Joseph Smith)
- Doctrine and Covenants – a book mostly about th____________
- The Pearl of G_________ P_____________
- The K_________ J___________ B__________ (in so far as it is translated correctly)
- The ultimate authority in the Mormon Church comes from living Mormon apostles and prophets, especially the p_____________, who is considered to be “the voice of God on earth”.
- Mormon Teachings about God:
- God has not been God from all e__________
- Jesus is a god
- Jesus is the J______________ of the Old Testament
- They limit Jesus to being the C_____________ only of this planet
- There are an infinite number of gods who created an infinite number of other worlds
- God has a body of f___________ and b___________ like us
- We can become like G_________ if we adhere to his commandments
- God is married and has many wives and they had many s_______ b___________, resulting in you and I getting here.
- It is possible to become a god, reigning over your own p_____________.
The Mormon Jesus
- Law of p______________ – men and God are of the same species. We are at different point in our progression
- God, the Father of this planet is called E_____________
- The Mormon God cannot create anything Ex-Nihilo (out of n______) – he “organized” this earth
- The first “begotten” of his spirit children was Jehovah (or Jesus) – we all are the spirt b___________ of Jesus.
- Another one of the offspring of Elohim was Lucifer – according to Mormonism, J____________ is the spirit brother of Lucifer.
- Jesus was not the eternal Creator of all things, who became a man (as the Bible says)
The Mormon Afterlife
- Almost a universal s_______________ – only those who’ve actually had revelation of the truthfulness of Mormonism and reject it have sinned bad enough to merit eternal hell.
- There is a temporary h_____ in Mormonism (the spirit prison) that non-Mormons would go to.
- They would not believe Hitler went to hell
- 4 levels of afterlife:
- Eternal (outer) darkness – devil, demons, a few apostate Mormons
- Terrestrial (for non-Mormons, Hitler, murderers, rapists, child molesters, liars, thieves)
- Celestial (highest – this is where God is)
The Mormon Salvation
- 2 Nephi 25:23b – “for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, a_________ all we can do”
- Moroni 10:32 – if you “love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you” (vs. 2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Spencer Kimball (former president of the LDS Church) – one of the most fallacious doctrines (of the devil) is that man is saved alone by the g___________ of God.
- You must d__________ your t__________, because Mormons use all the same terms as Christians, but they have different meanings for those terms
- Ask Mormon first to explain who their G___ is, who their J_____ is and how s________ is gained
- Pose this to a Mormon – “If the Mormon religion is right and I’m wrong, then I go to the 3rd level of h_________. But if the Bible is right and the L____ church is wrong, then you are following a f________ Jesus and you’ll end up in h_______ forever.”
Baptism for the Dead
- Mormons get baptized for dead people. They use 1 Corinthians __:___ to justify that.
- If anyone dies without believing in Mormonism, they can still make it to heaven if someone is baptized on their b________. They can accept Mormonism in the s__________ w_________.
The main point in reaching the Mormon is using the power of the G________ (Romans 1:16). Trust in God and p_______ for the Mormon.